Thursday, September 20, 2012

Leinenkugel's Big Eddy Wee Heavy Scotch Ale

Today's beer is Leinenkugel's Big Eddy Wee Heavy Scotch Ale. A limited release majestic brew with layer upon layer of malt complexity and 9.5% alc/vol.




The beer is brewed and bottled by Leinenkugel's. It was given to me by my friend Rusty who tried one bottle out of the four pack and decided he didn't like it.

So now I'm sitting here on the balcony upstairs winding down after a long day. Patri is downstairs studying and I'm enjoying the evening as dusk falls and the lights come on in the street. There isn't a cloud in the sky and only the slightest breath of wind, the temperature is still a pleasant 84 degrees. Son I'll have to get up and make dinner, but for now .....

The beer is strong with a malty, chocolate taste, but a strange absence of hoppiness. This is a sipping beer, not something to be hurried. The same alcohol (almost) as half a bottle of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment