Saturday, May 28, 2016

Funky Buddha Floridian works great to ease Lupus symptoms

Floridian Hefewiezen

Funky Buddha Brewery, Oakland Park, FL

It doesn’t happen often, but occasionally I get a flare up from the Lupus I have had for many, many years.  During the flare up every joint in my body hurts, its painful to stand, to walk, to bend, to lift or grip anything and then, poof, after a day or two, or sometimes a week, the aches and pains go away and its as if nothing had happened. 

I’ve tried many different drugs recommended by a phalanx of doctors, but the best any of them can do is partially mask the symptoms but always with a cost of unwanted side effects.  So now I use diet and exercise to keep the lupus at bay most of the time, and then when I get a flare up I use the beneficial effects of alcohol to soothe the aches and pains.
Funky Buddha Floridian Hefeweizen

This evening a rather mild Hefeweizen from the Funky Buddha Brewing Company in Oakland Park, FL is helping to dull the pains and lubricate the joints to relieve the aches.  Let me be honest, one of the reasons I like beer is that I get a good feeling from the alcohol. 

I like the taste of good beer. I like beer that is well balanced between malt and hops with neither being overpowering, but my palate is not refined enough – or perhaps has not been trained enough -  to discern “the compelling aromas of bananas, citrus and cloves” that, according to the label, is to be found in the Funky Buddha Floridian Hefeweizen.

Let me tell you what else the label says. 

“suntan for your soul.

Our unfiltered and refreshing German-style wheat beer is full on flavor yet light on the palate. Authentic Hefeweizen yeast creates the compelling aromas … while the all wheat and malt body perfectly captures the brilliance of a golden Florida sunset.

CONSUME FRESH

Pour into a pilsner glass and serve at 38 deg.  5.2% alc. By vol.”


So, what did I think of the beer. It did its job.  I’m grateful to Funky Buddha for easing the pain and helping the joints move.  The beer was gently flavored and easy to drink and there was a little something in the aftertaste that lingered. I feel much better now, let’s see how I feel in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment