Saturday, May 11, 2013

Fort Bend Texas Lightning IPA

Fort Bend Brewing Company, Missouri City, Texas. Bought at HEB in Cinco Ranch and drunk at home while waiting for a hamburger to cook for me since Patri is on her lemon cleansing program for the next few days.

The bottle says "This hoppy (99IBUs) American IPA will strike you with a jolt. It is a full bodied ale brewed with British pale and crystal malts; heavily hopped with Chinook, Columbus and Centennial." I think I know what that means, but I wonder if the casual beer drinker examining the bottle in the supermarket and wondering whether or not to give it a whirl, is swayed by that message. I think it's quite doubtful, oh well.

The beer was quite bitter (hoppy) without being flavorful. I don't think the bitterness was masking the flavor, I'm not sure the flavor was there to start with. Pity, I like IPA a lot, but this one, not so much.





No comments:

Post a Comment