Sunday, April 24, 2011

Beer 37 - New Belgium Ranger IPA

August 24, 2010 - Beer 37
37 - New Belgium Brewing Ranger India Pale Ale
This is New Belgium week!
Brewed in Fort Collins, CO, USA bought at H E B Grocery, Houston, TX, drunk at home in Katy, TX after the gym and cooking hamburgers and grilled corn for dinner.
The bottle says "are you a hopinista? Thank our Beer Rangers for inspiring (and begging for) this well balanced Simcoe, Cascade and Chinook hopped IPA. 70 IBUs" (I have no idea what an IBU is, time to explore their website I guess)
Unfortunately I didn't find the beer well balanced. Generally I like IPAs, but this was a little bitter for my taste and the bitterness detracted from the enjoyment. Oh well, win some lose a lot, but never, ever, ever, give up. On to the next Sam Adams beer tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment