Thursday, November 11, 2010

Beer 126 - St. Pauli Girl Special Dark

Brewed at the St Pauli Brauerei in Bremen, Germany, bought at HEB Grocery and drunk at home after a trying, and long, day at work.

But now it is time to relax and I am thinking about last night at the PMI dinner when I was talking to a man about the IPhone and how it was difficult to live without one once you had experienced the variety of things the phone could do.  He asked if Shell allowed email on the IPhone and I said they did and he made a comment that at least one company was forward looking.  What I didn't tell him and wished that I had, was that I do not have work email on my IPhone.  If I have to work at home I bring my computer home, but I really have no interest in receiving work emails at nights and weekends.  My (small) team knows how to get hold of me by phone or text if they want to tell me something outside working hours, but I have too many other things I am interested in to be worried about work after my day at the office. OK, off my soap box and back to interesting stuff like beer.

The web site - http://www.stpauligirl.com/  says "St. Pauli Girl Special Dark is a remarkably smooth beer with a light hop character and rich malty taste... the malt in St. Pauli Girl Special Dark is slow roasted using a centuries-old recipe. This gives St. Pauli Girl Special Dark unparalleled taste and a uniquely vibrant color. 4.8% alc/vol."  I found it to be a rather bland dark lager.  There is not much to distinguish the taste from many other acceptable beers.  Pleasant enough to drink, but not really worth writing home about.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment